Learn to fully harness the power of Microsoft ExcelR to perform scientific and engineering calculationsWith this text as your guide, you can significantly enhance Microsoft Excel’sR capabilities to execute the calculations needed to solve a variety of chemical, biochemical, physical, engineering, biological, and medicinal problems.
The text begins with two chapters that introduce you to Excel’s Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) programming language, which allows you to expand Excel’sR capabilities, although you can still use the text without learning VBA. Following the author’s step-by-step instructions, here are just a few of the calculations you learn to perform:
* Use worksheet functions to work with matrices
* Find roots of equations and solve systems of simultaneous equations
* Solve ordinary differential equations and partial differential equations
* Perform linear and non-linear regression
* Use random numbers and the Monte Carlo method